Location: Portland, OR
If you’re someone that has worked with Epic and knows quite a bit about Business Intelligence, we would love to talk with you! Our client is one of the largest employers in all of Oregon, so if you would like to work in an enterprise environment, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Leveraging SAP, Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau, and Epic Systems Business Intelligence tools, this position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining BI and Data Warehouse solutions for our client. These solutions utilize data available in Epic Cogito (Clarity, Caboodle Data Warehouse, Reporting Workbench/Radar, SlicerDicer), Epic Resolute HB and PB billing, and other third-party systems. As our client’s industry transitions from volume to value-based care, they realize that their systems must be revised to accommodate multiple provider earnings models and many more metrics than in the past. This position will be an important part of supporting this transition.
This position is also responsible for supporting reporting and related project efforts as prioritized by senior leadership; delivering embedded reporting within Epic Hyperspace using Epic and 3rd party reporting software; new development as required to deliver reporting content through extending Epic Caboodle Data Warehouse; ad hoc & regulatory reporting deliverables; etc.
Further, this position is responsible for metadata, report, dashboard design and development utilizing SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Epic Reporting Workbench/Radar, and Epic SlicerDicer. Strong collaboration with our client in order to capture requirements and execute these through iterative development approaches such as Agile are hallmarks of this position. The ideal candidate will also possess a good understanding of Epic Resolute billing processes, Epic Clarity Resolute HB and PB data structures, healthcare terminology, and the data model of Epic Caboodle Data Warehouse.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and eight years’ work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
• Associate’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and nine years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
• Ten years work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience where one year of experience will be substituted for an Associate’s degree and two years of experience will be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.\
• Minimum two years paid work experience as an Application Engineer (or equivalent classification) using Business Objects and/or Tableau
• Two years experience with developing Business Objects Web Intelligence reports and dashboards
• Two years experience with developing Business Objects Universes using the Information Design Tool (IDT)
• Experience with facilitating and documenting system requirements sessions
• Experience creating technical documentation of reports and data/report models
• Experience with utilizing star schema data stores as the basis for report development
• Minimum three years working with relational databases
• Proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Experience with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and procedures
• Ability to read and explain a data model
• Ability to read, write and maintain SQL Code
• Experience gathering and documenting business requirements
• Experience planning and managing small projects
• Knowledge of data warehousing architecture and dimensional modeling concepts
• Ability to read, write and maintain SQL code at an advanced skill level
• Exceptional customer service skills - both in person and on the phone.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills - able to resolve conflicts and to problem solve between parties.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities. Ability to meet deadlines and urgent patient and system needs.
• Ability to work independently; willingness to serve as a positive and professional role model.
• Must have demonstrated record of reliable attendance, punctuality and proven successful performance in past and present.