Location: Portland, OR
Our Partner/Client is a leading provider of cutting-edge prepaid products, services, and transaction technologies to retailers, brands, and consumers. They support nearly 500,000 points of distribution and help retailers build prepaid card destinations, connect brands with new markets, and give consumers a simple, secure shopping experience. They are redefining the connection between merchants and their customers through stored value and mobile gifting solutions. If you'd like to be a part of this please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Benefits of joining their team:
- Opportunity to solve interesting and challenging problems within a growing industry
- Collaborative and supportive Agile environment
- Continuous delivery culture and weekly production releases
- Community of strong software professionals
- Opportunities for career growth
- Downtown high-rise location with lots of windows and good views
- Healthy work environment, including in-suite bike storage, showers, and standing desks
- Company provided snacks and catered lunch and breakfast once a week
- Easy access to public transportation and company provided transit pass
- Build positive relationships with internal and external customers/business users by providing excellent service/support and consistent communication.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and potential applications.
- Generate innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity.
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Knowledge of SQL Server high availability technologies (Failover Clustering, Availability Groups).
- Knowledge of SQL Server Tools (Profiler, SSMS, PerfMon, DMVs, DBCC, Extended Events)
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc,
- SQL Development – Ability to write, troubleshoot and optimize T-SQL. Able to create and optimize database objects (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- Proactively recommend and implement improvements to systems and processes.
- Create and maintain database documentation, standards and policies.
- SQL Server Configuration, including the installation and validation of security patches.
- Collaborate with development team regarding database related development such as ETL, Data Warehousing and Database Design.
- Backup and Recovery - Ensure backups are functioning and that recovery processes are documented and tested regularly.
- User and Security Management – Work with systems administrator to ensure proper security and user access measures are in place.
- Monitor production databases for availability and performance.
- At least 3-5 years as a SQL Server DBA
- BA in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deploy preferred
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience supporting a production environment for a financial institution
- Experience being on call after normal work hours
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to give and take both positive and constructive feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills