Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: FTE
More about this Role
The Solutions Architect provides expert advice to engineering team and business sponsors about how to best solve tough business and technical problems. This role is involved in and leads the investigation, design, and proposals of new technologies (applications, systems, software, hardware, etc.).
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Demonstrated architecture experience across business units and technology fields.
- Subject matter expert in one or more major platform and relevant technologies and how those platforms relate to overall technology infrastructure.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of competitor’s products and related technologies how those products and technologies compare with existing technologies.
- Understands and resolves highly complex large scale or systems level problems. Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot such problems utilizing team resources to coordinate solutions.
- Proficient at understanding and writing code and the use of modern technology to solve a broad range of problems of varying complexity.
- Capable of leading multiple product teams to execute product strategies throughout engineering. Ability to actively support and influence product family objectives.
- Ability to apply verbal, written and persuasive communication skills to influence others both individually and groups.
- Proficient in utilization of audio/visual tools to effectively present to groups and capable of presenting technical information to other functions or groups both inside and outside of the organization.
- Ability to influence and lead project direction and work with peers to implement ideas and concepts.
- Ability to work with business in their language to support and promote concepts.
- Demonstrated high levels of personal output and ability to increase the productivity of architecture function.
- Knowledge of Archimate, or other equivalent tools to create solution architecture diagrams.
- Knowledge of best practices and frameworks such as TOGAF, or equivalent frameworks.
- Expert in a broad range of technology platforms and technologies and how they interrelate within our technology portfolio.
- Regarded as thought leader on specific topics within our company.
- Demonstrated architecture experience in multiple business units or division and multiple technology fields.
- Able to troubleshoot in outside of the technology domain, utilizing company resources to coordinate solutions.
- Attain comprehensive knowledge of coding fundamentals and practices of our organization.
- Ability to actively support and influence company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related/relevant field with an advanced degree preferred
- 10 years in technology with a minimum of two years of technical leadership and architecture experience
- 5 years of experience evaluating business requirements and designing complete systems solutions in complex environments
- Strong business understanding, including health insurance technologies and regulations is preferred.
- Experience in the health insurance industry, payer-oriented processes and systems is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.