Location: Portland, OR
This proud, family-owned business, is now the largest multi-point truck and trailer dealership on the west coast of the United States. They have 24 locations in Washington, Oregon, Nevada, California and Arizona, serving a population base of more than 40 million people. They are looking for a Manager of IT Infrastructure.
The Manager of IT Infrastructure must role model and embody company values: Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Focus;
this is evidenced by being an excellent business partner to other departments, upholding a high standard of leadership qualities amongst peers, and ensuring every member of the IT Infrastructure team is delivering a customer experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The Manager of IT Infrastructure possesses excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of computer information systems. The person in this position should also have excellent planning, project management and root cause analysis skills, with a natural ability to lead technical staff in various technical projects. The Manager of IT Infrastructure will utilize the above skillset to lead the team in the design, implementation, & management of all IT infrastructure for the enterprise, including: networking (routers & switches), centralized WiFi, network monitoring, server hardware and virtualization environment, telecom, firewalls, databases, disaster recovery environment, system diagrams & documentation, cyber security, system implementations and upgrades, and migration of acquired systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for managing enterprise IT Infrastructure, including networks (WAN, LAN, & wireless), servers, telecom, and security.
• Creation and implementation of strategies to assure data security, business continuity, and high reliability of technology resources.
• Work closely with Systems Engineering staff on the design, implementation, and maintenance of enterprise systems.
• Oversee IT Infrastructure staff and manage the prioritization of team’s deliverables.
• Conduct quarterly internal security reviews and lead an annual security assessment in partnership with an outside security vendor.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement, and review information systems policies & procedures with enterprise impact.
• Take ownership of information security, proactive system monitoring and risk mitigation.
• Supervise projects and staff when working in the field.
• Design hardware lifecycle reporting with appropriate hardware replacement schedules.
• Perform financial planning, budgeting, and cost management for CapEx and recurring expenses.
• Manage vendor & service provider contracts.
• Maintain consistent, accurate coding of IT expenses, and conduct regular audits of recurring expenses.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Network Administration, or related field.
7+ years of experience in IT Operations, 3+ years of experience in managing technical staff, preferably within large company (1,000+ employees).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others, including senior management.
• Proven project management and decision making capabilities.
• Experience with creating and maintaining business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Ability to successfully manage/oversee multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Operational expertise in managing virtualized Windows server environments.
• Effective at running cross-functional meetings.
• Leadership of cross-functional IT initiatives and new technology implementations.
Preferred Skills: Formal Project Management training, MCSE certification