Location: Portland, OR
We are a fast-growing company with development centers in both the east and west coasts, providing onshore Agile application solutions nationwide. We are looking for a Tech Lead and someone with good experience with regards to things such as Java, AWS, Microservices, etc. Our belief in effective Agile through collaboration and data-driven team assembly are at the heart of our promise – better and faster Agile software development services, onshore and on-target. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Who we want to work with:
- Friendly, with strong communication skills. Interested in team oriented atmosphere.
- Driven to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems.
- Open to solving problems in a new way.
- Efficiency minded engineer. Passion for creating and optimizing the most efficient software.
- Work in an Agile environment
- Ensure that the team is following best practices for agile/scrum
- Ensure that the team meets sprint commitments, and that the work they are doing is top priority as defined by the Product Owner
- Triage defects and assign to team members as necessary
- Facilitate code reviews and manage pull requests
- Deliver timely project execution and project work products that exceed customer expectations
- Contribute to functional specifications and detailed design documents for client projects
- Lead discussions on new projects, and ensure that the team understands what is being asked.
- Provide accurate estimations in sizing development requests
- Design / architect the approach for new efforts, document them, and collaborate with other team leads / architects to get their buy-in on the approach
- Serve as the primary technical resource for client projects
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent technologies
- Approximately 3 years of experience leading a Team of software developers
- Experience developing RESTful web services in Java (1.8), particularly microservices hosted in AWS
- Familiarity with RDBMS (SQL Server or Oracle) including experience writing complex SQL
- Experience architecting solutions to enterprise business problems
- Experience breaking down requirements and providing accurate estimates for the work
- Recent experience with Apache SOLR would be a plus
- Some front-end development experience would be a plus, for the occasional UI updates. Client has a dedicated UI team for the more complex work. So experience developing front ends utilizing templating technologies such as Ember.js and Handlebars.js