Location: Beaverton, OR
This client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your Mobile Android experience, and out of the box problem solving, will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees, and believes in strong work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a small team with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. Also, they have a beautiful new office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration-friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully interact with fellow development team members and project managers on a daily basis. This person will participate in the architecture, design, development, and support of a suite of mobile products. Candidates should have a minimum of (1) year experience developing applications in Android, and experience writing/consuming REST APIs and ideally (2+) years experience overall.
· Designing and developing reliable and maintainable Android applications, and contributing to the development of REST APIs.
· Documenting software designs and project tasks.
· Estimating project tasks and tracking actual results.
· Reporting progress and issues to technical leads and project managers.
· Reviewing functional requirements and analyzing their appropriateness and impact on the software to be built to meet them.
· Participating in design and code reviews.
· Working with the team to design software that is reliable, scalable and testable.
· Championing product improvements.
· Working with Quality Assurance to forge robust, reliable, and high performance software.
· The discipline required to write good unit tests and experience doing so.
· Helping to establish “Best Practices” for Android Development based on accepted community standards.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Working knowledge of the Android platform, and the Java language.
· Experience with the Android Product Life Cycle – on consumer facing products
· Tuned in to the Open Source Community – good understanding of community “Best Practices” in Android Development.
· Experience with Open Source Libraries like: ButterKnife, Dagger, Retrofit, Moshi, Autovalue, etc.
· Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns, and experience applying them.
· Be a platform thinker. You go beyond writing well structured code. You consider performance, scalability, reuse and readability.
· Good understanding of the tools (Android Studio, Git, etc).
· Ability to rapidly realize compelling end user application experiences with short deadlines.
· Experience with Scrum/Agile SDLC and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration.
· Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills.
· A passion for high quality results.
· Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning.
· Very high productivity and effective time management.
· Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work.
· Ability to communicate accurate status to technical leads and project managers
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
· Experience using test automation frameworks.
· Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking systems.
· Experience using Git.
· Experience with AWS hosting, and associated services.