Location: Portland, OR
Are you driven to make a difference in the world community? Do you yearn for the opportunity to apply your technical and leadership skills to improve the lives of others? Our non-profit client is looking to hire a Director of Technology and Information Systems. They are looking for someone who is empathetic, inquisitive, collaborative, and a true leader. If you’re interested, then please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We seek an experienced senior professional to provide strategic leadership on technology and data integration to advance our mission. Working with an expert team, this leader will serve as an enterprise architect to chart and follow a path to help improve effectiveness and efficiency in business processes throughout the organization. This includes ensuring consistent, reliable, and high-quality communication, collaboration, and management tools and services are widely and effectively used throughout our global operations.
The ideal candidate will bring strong knowledge and experience in technology and information systems, organizational leadership, and international development (ideally in humanitarian settings). They will align with our Calling and Core Values. They will be adept at building effective, high performing teams; developing positive relationships with leadership, staff, vendors, donors and partners in the US and globally; and demonstrate accountability by following through on commitments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, implement and maintain an integrated information and technology system and TIS (Technology and Information Systems) “roadmap” that align with the organization’s strategic plan.
• Support business processes and stakeholder requirements with information systems and technology that are consistent with industry best practices and trends.
• Verify that the necessary and cost-effective software, networks, databases, communication systems and end user technology are acquired and fully utilized at HQ and in global offices.
• Extend information and technology training and support to all offices.
• Safeguard the security, integrity and confidentiality of our corporate information and communications systems.
• Ensure data and communication systems have a robust and tested disaster recovery program in place.
• Recommend TIS plans to executive leadership
• Establish and maintain a high standard for customer service by understanding the needs of global users and executing well on commitments.
• Ensure a high functioning, proficient team is in place and fully engaged with our mission and plans
• Manage team to achieve annual objectives and review quarterly performance
• Develop and manage annual budgets to targets
• Recommend and manage procurements and contracts in line with policy and budgets
• Maximize benefits from technology forums
• When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
• Other duties as assigned.
Disclaimer: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Commitment to our Calling Statement: A qualified candidate will demonstrate commitment to our Calling statement and Core Values.
• Computer science or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in the information systems/technology field;
• Three (3) years’ experience managing or leading a technology/information systems group including setting budgets, making staffing decisions, building and maintaining vendor and customer relationships
• Three (3) years’ experience in organization leadership
• Five (5) years’ experience managing or leading a technology/information systems group including setting budgets, making staffing decisions, building and maintaining vendor and customer relationships
• Any experience with international development, running IT systems in non-US locations and/or across a range of global locations, non-profit or non-governmental organizations, enterprise architecture or digital technology solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrate considerable knowledge of data processing, information systems, computerized financial and other applications, networking and cloud-based services
• Demonstrate knowledge of technology and data issues and trends in the US and in humanitarian emergency settings
• Prepare and analyze complex reports
• Maintain efficient and effective automated systems
• Lead teams that develop software programming
• Lead a team and supervise staff
• Plan, organize, and follow-through on projects
• Handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
• Work flexible schedule and weekends as needed including responding to emergencies.
Communication Skills Required:
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, staff, company officials and vendors.
• Communicate effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Required up to 2 times per year
• Valid passport required
Computer Skills Required
• Advanced user skills with standard Microsoft Office and communication software
• Understanding of current systems, processes and tools