Location: Portland, OR
Looking to join an ambitious company where your Systems and Help Desk skills will enable an emerging SaaS product company? You’ll be working with modern Systems and Infrastructure tools and techniques for a company that values fresh ideas, collaboration, having fun on the job, and pleasing customers. We relentlessly pursue software to simplify the business of higher education and research so that more resources can be directed toward enhancing and advancing society. The management style is hands off, but you will be provided with clear direction - so being self- motivated and driven is a must. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for a do-anything, learn-anything kind of candidate that is self-motivated, and follows industry standards. Our super-fast-growing company is looking for someone who wants a unique opportunity to be a part of a new IT organization. Bring your drive, we have plenty to keep you busy.
Main responsibilities include assisting in the management of Windows-based servers, SAN, PC’s and end user applications. Also building and delivery of workstations, software, and phones on a day to day basis.
Duties include but not limited to data OS and Security upgrades/patches, performance/tuning, user requests and incidents. The ideal candidate will also have a working knowledge of and experience with Active Directory. This position may have opportunities in our Operations Team with Redhat/Centos and private/public cloud virtualization projects as part of a career path.
Our Environment is made up of Windows PC/Laptops, Mac OSX Laptops, and both Windows and Linux Servers.
This position has a lot of potential growth opportunities working with some of the best engineers in the business.
· Support other teams such as customer support and professional services.
· Direct customer support for deployment and outages.
· Support end user accounts
· Support end user devices and workstations
· Maintain the physical network
· Maintain servers and services
25% Set-up and Configuration
· Maintain, set-up and troubleshoot workstations, servers
· Plan and execute testing and troubleshooting as appropriate in a live production environment on all systems
· Evaluate, recommend, install, configure and maintain software tools needed to support the environments
· Monitor and maintain, set-up and troubleshoot the backups and disaster recovery solution.
· Create relationship diagrams or graphical aides to show various equipment configuration
· Coordinate projects with Senior Team Members and Team Manager
· Attend trainings and participate in discussions to stay current on all new hardware and software
· Assist in maintaining system performance quality and security by monitoring, upgrading, troubleshooting both hardware and software for the infrastructure proactively identifying system weaknesses
· After hours automatic notification, response and support of critical system failures
· Monitoring of network resources to proactively identify system weaknesses and security issues
· Maintain documentation procedures and workflows regarding the Department
· Maintain assets such as hardware and software
· Organization and inventory of all hardware in compliance with the asset management policy
· Solid work ethic and ability to work and think independently
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
· Ability to work well within team environments
· Able to follow direction.
· Ability to find solutions to problems.
· Time Management
· Clear written and verbal communication
· Attention to detail
· Networking (physical, datalink, network, and transport layers)
· Scripting (powershell)
· Active Directory management
· Group policy management (Can learn)
· 2-4 years of experience working within an IT role
· A combination of education, experience, certifications, and training that would produce the required knowledge and abilities could be considered
Some key details
· This position will report to the SaaS Operations Manager, who works directly with our Executives.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
· This is a security sensitive position and requires a background check and will need to adhere to our Information Security Management System.