Location: Portland, OR (Tigard)
Are you driven to make a difference in the world community? Do you yearn for the opportunity to apply your technical skills to improve the lives of others? Our non-profit client is looking to hire a Web Developer with great people skills to develop, maintain, and train staff on their site. They are looking for someone who is empathetic, inquisitive, collaborative, and a dedicated pro. If you’re interested, then please send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
This company provides medical and dental care, humanitarian aid, and holistic development programs to all people in need, regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race. They respond to disasters around the world—and here at home—by sending teams of volunteer medical professionals and medical supplies to care for the sick and injured. They also mobilize long-term health promotion initiatives, collaborating with established partners within each community to ensure that our programs have a sustainable impact.
The Web Developer position (WD) is responsible for driving technology solutions that support the company programs, with a primary responsibility web-based applications. The WD supports the Web Services Manager by developing and implementing efficient, cost-effective solutions that address a diverse range of complex problems associated with business and technical processes and requirements. An effective working knowledge of software development practices, in conjunction with the rest of the IT team and outside vendors, will enable us to successfully build technology solutions for our web-based platform. This position will work with various business customers while working closely with the Web Services Manager to deliver effective solutions on that technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Designs and develops software deliverables for information technology solutions
• Maintain all websites as the Web administrator
• Develop web application and services solutions using Visual Studio, GIT, and other related development tools.
• Programs custom user interfaces, utilities, stored procedures and reports.
• Trains staff in the use of new systems.
• Troubleshoots anomalies and system performance issues.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with dynamic teams of staff and volunteers.
• Cross trains on other systems and functions as a member of the IT team.
• Make recommendations for process improvement and utilization.
• Documents system configurations, specifications, and workflows.
• Performs complex analysis of data and monitors the ongoing performance of developed systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, Information Technology (IT), computer science or closely related field AND five years’ of experience in system design, development, testing and implementation of IT projects or related experience. Note: Qualifying experience may substitute year for year of education.
• Manage interaction between web sites and services/applications (Dynamics CRM, Azure, ClickDimensions, Google Analytics, Bing and etc.)
• Technical experience in both development and administration of web application solutions and services
• Technical experience in development of web based solutions and services
• Experience with the .NET/PHP framework and related .NET/PHP development skills (ASP.NET, C#, PHP etc.)
• Experience with CMS platforms (Drupal, Sitefinity, etc.)
o Ability to effectively communicate with business and technical team members
o Experience working in a team environment
o Technical experience on complex server and cloud based projects, including testing at all levels.
o Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences verbally and in writing.
o Knowledge of project management best practices, principles, and skills.
o Knowledge of business process improvement best practices, principles, and skills.
o Demonstrated ability to understand every aspect of a technical solution.
o Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
o Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with SQL Server Queries
• Experience with SharePoint
• Experience with user interface/experience development principles
• Previous applicable experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) or health care and/or human services management environment.
• International systems experience in third world countries.