Location: Portland, OR
This position reports to the Supervisor of IT Service Operations. The Systems Administrator will possess broad technical knowledge of Windows-based servers and desktops as well as IP networking and virtualization technologies. Experienced in providing system administration and troubleshooting of Windows-based servers and desktops as well as administering Virtual environments utilizing both VMware and Hyper-V. Strong troubleshooting skills along with exceptional customer service, communication, and organizational skills. If you are a multi-talented Tier 2 Support Admin that likes to work with people, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Essential job functions-
- Strong hardware, network and software troubleshooting.
- Maintain high level of customer service excellence to all internal customers.
- Resolve, perform solutions analysis, and document all Tier 2 requests, incidents and resolutions while providing customer service excellence.
- Produce preventive measures to reduce inbound request volume.
- Analyze complex business and technical problems; build proactive solutions to avoid recurring requests.
- Windows Server system administration (2008 R2 and 2012 R2).
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory best practices in midsize network environments.
- Participate in the evaluation, deployment and management of new technologies.
- Consistently demonstrate initiative and commitment to optimizing systems and processes.
- Consult with IT Management on new business systems and software packages.
- Mentor Tier 1 staff to build knowledge and skillset on routine system access requests and troubleshooting steps.
- Review and identification of issues in application, event, and security logs.
- Work with vendors to resolve failures and warranty replacements.
- Monitor systems using tools and automated tasks to detect and resolve related outages.
- Troubleshoot, triage, and resolve server issues to resolution.
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding system configurations, operating procedures, and related service records.
- Ensure compliance with all system procedures.
- Participate in regular IT Service Operations team and 1:1 meetings.
- Cross train/mentor Tier 1 staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS-
Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Technology or Computer Science.
Minimum 5 years of Tier 2 Service Desk or Systems Administration experience supporting 1,000+users.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all levels of staff and management.
- Expert experience in Windows 7 and 10, Basic iOS and Android skills.
- Strong MDM experience; Airwatch a plus.
- Ability to control multiple projects and priorities with careful time management and minimal supervision.
- In-depth understanding of networking - routing, subnets, DHCP, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs.
- Ticketing system experience; Kaseya a plus
Project planning skills, report writing, and documentation.