Location: Portland, OR
If you’re a Data Analyst with some proficiency in T-SQL and SSIS, we’d love to speak with you. This role also includes a fair amount of collaboration with business users, so your soft skills are absolutely crucial. If you want to work for a company that truly makes a difference in the ‘Renewable’ world, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Analyzes and documents how systems and databases are designed and how they currently function against business requirements.
· Works proactively with the users and IT staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
· Coordinates the activities of persons engaged in development projects.
· Manages projects using a standard project management methodology.
· Tests and deploys applications and changes.
· Designs, develops, tests, and deploys reports to meet user needs.
· Fulfills data requests from users.
· Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
· Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
· Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
· Trains users and documents usage guidelines and procedures.
· Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner
· Minimum 3 years of previous experience as a data analyst or similar role
· 5 years of IT experience.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field
· Demonstrated experience in systems, data and business analysis
· Strong customer service orientation
· Experience writing T-SQL queries in fulfilling user data requests
· Experience with SSIS and ETL
· Experience developing a data architecture
· Ability to accommodate various data quality considerations, and Power BI experience is a plus
· Experience providing software-related customer support and training to a non-technical user base
· Demonstrated ability to verbally, and in writing, communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner
· Experience managing small to medium size projects
· Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment
· Ability to work off-hours and extended hours as needed to support IT processes and timelines