Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is looking for a Systems Engineer, experienced with Enterprise Storage Solutions & Virtualization, and technologies like NetApp, Compellent & VMWare, to join their System/DevOps Team in a Contract role. The manager is a “Servant Leader” that is constantly honing and developing their management and leadership skills so that they can serve their team and help make you the very best you can be. They are one of the leaders in the Marketing Automation space helping nearly 5,000 customers worldwide. Working with this group you will help yourself stand out while enabling your customers to stand out. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting virtualization and enterprise storage solutions.
· Provisioning and configuration of virtualized infrastructure within VMWare and AWS.
· Create, monitor and troubleshoot backups within Commvault and AWS.
· Make high-level platform decisions as it pertains to day-to-day usage and scalability.
· Participate in our on call rotation with the local and international team
Successful candidates must have:
· 3+ years experience with Linux/UNIX platforms, including the administration, troubleshooting, and management of distributed systems
· 2+ years experience with enterprise storage solutions. NetApp and Compellent required.
· 2+ years experience with managing virtualized infrastructure in VMWare and AWS
· 1+ year(s) experience with enterprise backup solution Commvault.
· Strong scripting skills (Python or Bash preferred)
· Demonstrate experience supporting High availability environments.
The ideal candidate will additionally have:
• Working familiarity with configuration management automation via Ansible or Puppet.
• Prior experience designing and testing disaster recovery scenarios
A few technologies we use:
Azure, Cassandra, Compellent, Confluence, Docker, F5, Java, JIRA, Kafka, MapR, MongoDB, MySQL, Nagios, NGINX, OpenShift, Puppet, Python, Sensu, Spark, Splunk, Tomcat, AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, SES, RDS, DynamoDB, etc), NetApp