Location: Vancouver, WA
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies meet real business needs meets real customers who spend billions of dollars at our stores in North America. We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our product development teams use the latest open source technologies to build new products that facilitate 9-figure project sales. We invest proactively in our people. We sponsor developer events, including .Net Fringe, NodePDX and PADNUG, and our developers headline workshops to teach Portland-area web developers how we use cutting-edge technology to solve real world problems. The mission of the product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience by leveraging the latest web technologies and data tools. If this is the kind of position that gets you excited - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
What problem will you be solving in this role?
Building our robust data and business intelligence platform to ingest data from across the entire enterprise of our product databases.
What Tools do we use?
ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Kafka, Cassandra, Tableau, SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS
A BI Data Architect on our team is a leader and an architectural expert on the team. They exhibit influence derived from past leadership experience, demonstrate work ethic that motivates and encourages others, and mentor less-experienced members on our team. In addition, the BI Data Architect maintains technical depth (being very skilled in certain parts of the technology stack) and breadth (not isolated to a single segment of the technology stack).
· Design and oversee changes to the overall BI architecture based on business and analytical needs
· Coordinate the work of BI Data Engineers
· Act as an architectural expert and mentor others on the BI team
· Communicate BI platform requirements to the Platform team
· Be willing to learn new skills and cutting edge technologies
· Prior Experience building data warehouses
· Conceptual and analytical skills
· Knowledge of business domain
· Ability to balance theory and reality
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
· Data modeling, database administration, and performance tuning
· SQL, ETL, OLAP
· Operating platforms
· Metadata management
· Use-case analysis