Location: Portland, OR
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer with automation experience who wants to improve the lives of people with diabetes. We use Ansible, but welcome experience using Puppet, Chef, or Salt. Great Linux experience and a passion for making problems go away permanently will be a great fit in our highly collaborative environment. Please submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
How do we define Senior DevOps?
You should be familiar with modern best practices and be capable of taking on a project from soup to nuts with peer support. Your skills include helping dev teams figure out what they need, helping others reason about technical tradeoffs, and knowing when to ask for help.
- 6-8 years of Systems level experience, with ideally the last 2-3 years in a DevOps role
- Strong automation chops, and proficiency in Ansible or some other DevOps tool…we use Ansible
- Good experience in rolling deployments and understanding of incidents and change management
- Strong scripting and command line skills, and overall proficiency working in a Linux environment (Windows experience doesn’t apply to our environment and Windows folks probably would not be happy here)
- Experience with Docker is a nice to have
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage workload with little day-to-day instruction
- Experience with automated service failover, service discovery, managing microservice pools, and capacity planning and testing is helpful
- Great communication skills and the ability to empathize with others