Location: Vancouver, WA
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies meet real business needs meets real customers who spend billions of dollars at our stores in North America. We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our product development teams use the latest open source technologies to build new products that facilitate 9-figure project sales. We invest proactively in our people. We sponsor developer events, including .Net Fringe, NodePDX and PADNUG, and our developers headline workshops to teach Portland-area web developers how we use cutting-edge technology to solve real world problems. The mission of the product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience by leveraging the latest web technologies and data tools. If this is the kind of position that gets you excited - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Are you a senior, accomplished developer looking for a job that does more than just solve a complex business problem? This role is ideal for a developer who has conquered much on their bucket list, and is looking for a nimble, startup environment where technology is leveraged to unlock business potential.
We are searching for a Lead Software Developer who is passionate about open source technologies and how to leverage them in our data-rich environment (thousands of users, millions of customers, billions in sales). The goal of your efforts is to lead the collaborative work of our team in designing and building out the next generation of our enterprise application.
· Aptitude: we believe the best engineers have great aptitude, even if they don’t have a lot of experience.
· 5+ years of experience participating in the design and implementation of large-scale web applications.
· Experience with Microsoft .Net technologies.
· Experience creating implementation plans, mentoring teams of developers and conducting peer reviews to insure that important deadlines are met.
· Experience implementing quality solutions that will raise the standards of our existing solutions while not diminishing the flexibility of a dynamic work environment.
· Ability to work closely with designers to develop frontend components.
· A demonstrated track record building applications tailored to specific and complex business problems.
· A positive, team-oriented attitude… someone who is willing to work in a fast-paced environment that is always in the process of change.
· An insatiable thirst for learning technologies and improving yourself and our organization.
· Interest in working with ElasticSearch.
· Interest in learning about the latest in data processing technologies, including Akka.
· Experience with Windows Server, Ubuntu (or other) Linux.
· Experience with relational databases, primarily SQL Server.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technology or engineering science degree at an accredited institution; graduate level education highly desired.