Location: Portland, OR
About us: we're innovating, solving big challenges and having fun while doing it! As a member of Portland's center of excellence, you will join a small, nimble engineering team, engaged in solving technical problems such as taming complicated data sets. If you’re interested in this role, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
We're looking for folks with can-do attitudes who go above and beyond. You are a self-starter who can take early ideas and quickly iterate to build prototypes and products. Our ideal backend-focused software engineer has experience delivering high quality, maintainable code to production, implementing both incremental improvements as well as small to mid-sized features. Our engineering culture is centered around hiring smart talent and building world-class software - we stay humble while driving forward with our audacious mission.
• Interfacing between Front End application concerns and Data Infrastructure concerns
• Tracing performance bottlenecks and suggesting new architectural choices
• Delivering iterative improvements to realize a product vision on schedule
• Work with local and remote engineers on a regionally distributed team
• Develop using Java, Scala, NodeJS, PostgreSQL and Redis
• 5+ years professional experience in back end engineering roles.
• 3+ years professional experience with relational databases
• Experience with reactive technologies like Vert.x and functional programming in Java or Scala
• Strong written and verbal communication skills