Location: Portland, OR
We're innovating, solving big challenges and having fun while doing it. Our engineering culture is centered around hiring smart talented people and building world-class software - we stay humble while driving forward with our bold mission. We are seeking a customer focused and technical Director of Engineering to lead our Application development teams. The application teams are responsible for building, delivering and operating customer facing Reporting and Budget applications. If you’re interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
More about this role:
Our application teams are full stack teams, responsible for designing, building and operating their application services and front ends.
The ideal candidate has a solid technical and management background and has led technology transformations of large scale systems - preferably in analytics and/or performance management space.
This position requires the person to work closely in partnership with Product and rest of the Business to deliver applications which make our customers successful. You will also be required to guide, mentor and drive architectural decisions where necessary. Our application teams are based out of Redwood City and Portland, and the person will be required to travel to Redwood City periodically.
• Lead 1 or more teams of 5+ engineers
• Split your time between architecture and management duties.
• Hire senior engineers, architects and technical leaders to bolster the team.
• Enforce best practices for architecture and coding, think out of the box and lead from the front.
• Set business expectations and deliver product iterations in an agile fashion.
• 8+ years of experience in software development and delivery.
• Has managed the design and development of highly performant applications.
• Experience in deploying and monitoring software in Cloud environments.
• Prior experience managing teams that use ReactJS, Ruby or Java a big plus.
• Exposure to CI/CD workflows.
• B.S. in Computer Science (or something equivalent)