Location: Salem, OR
Our client is the largest 3rd party provider of product rentals on Amazon. Focused on real-time analysis of available market data to perform tens of thousands of pricing operations each minute. As part of the development team, you will enjoy a great compensation package, flexible hours with exceptional work-life balance, a focus on learning and professional growth, and a relaxed environment. If this is the challenge you seek please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The Software Engineer is responsible for augmenting the Software Engineering department by contributing to our software stack with reliable, scalable, and flexible software. The candidate must be a passionate learner.
· Provide business value to company software stack.
· Give and receive critical feedback in a constructive and cordial manner.
· Participate in code review in a timely manner and identifies issues.
· Understand languages and frameworks leveraged by the team.
· Follow official coding language standards.
· Adopt team coding standards.
· Participates in pairing and shares new techniques.
· Able to translate acceptance criteria to working software.
· Continuously demonstrate improvements to skill set.
· Regularly looks for areas to improve existing code-base during daily activities.
· Document work as needed
Experience and Skills: Candidate must be able to leverage, give detailed explanations, and recognize use cases for the following concepts:
· SOLID Design Principles
· Relational databases; queries that join datasets and / or include subqueries
· ORM Frameworks; Dapper and Entity Framework
· Web application programming concerns
· Asynchronous programming
· Inversion of control and dependency injection
· Dependency Injection Frameworks; Microsoft, Autofac, or similar
· Containerization: Docker, ECS or Kubernetes
· N-Tier application architecture
· Serverless application architecture
· Source control
· Azure DevOps
Candidate must be able to, at a high level, leverage and understand:
· Common design patterns
· Garbage collection and memory management concepts
· Big-O Notation; Performance & Complexity Concepts