Location: Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
Our client is a global technology company delivering point of service solutions that are transforming how the largest retailers, governments, and banks throughout the world engage and interact with their customers. They are looking for Software Engineers on the .NET stack and if you’d be interested in joining this great organization, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
More about this role and company:
Our client brings together posts, businesses, governments and communities in an open and collaborative manner, solving tomorrow’s toughest challenges in the digital age of retail. We strive to lead in the creation and development of point of service solutions for some of the largest retail and information networks across the globe.
Their single, open platform technology provides their customers with a solid foundation for future digital innovation and expansion. It enables organizations to build upon their current infrastructure and to implement applications that are all managed and supported by one transactional services platform. They are a global market leader in providing intelligent and integrated point of service applications across all channels including counters, web, kiosk, enterprise mobile & consumer mobile.
In this role, you will be part of the team designing and developing their new core platform, which is the foundation for our customized POS solutions that can run on WPF, UWP, iOS, and Android. Using the Agile Scrum methodology, you will be working in sprints to implement new core features, as well as assisting with the custom implementations that leverage the core platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The development of new features, modules and products.
• Utilize best practices and design patterns to write clean, efficient and elegant code.
• Troubleshooting, debugging and resolving technical issues.
• Writing Unit Tests.
• Assisting with the design and architecture of the core products.
• Performance tuning applications.
• Participating in code reviews.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role
• A strong knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework and specifically C#.
• Experience of full project lifecycle.
• Experience in POS development with peripheral integration (desirable).
• Data driven UI architecture (desirable).
• A degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a recognized 3rd level educational institution (desirable).