Location: Portland, OR
We’re looking to add thoughtful problem solvers with people skills to our engineering team. The team is small, nimble, highly skilled and collaborative. We are working to deliver better healthcare outcomes for our growing populations, while reducing costs. We practice code-based prototyping, RSpec test development, and pull request code reviews (ticket tracking, acceptance testing, etc.) to produce high-quality code and improve our products. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Applicants should have:
• Familiarity with either modern JS Frameworks (react, node) or Ruby on Rails
• Professional industry experience
• A willingness to adopt our development practices – We use a light style of agile, review pull requests, and write test code.
• Familiarity with PostgreSQL, Chef and AWS deployments are important but can be taught.
We value team members from all disciplines and backgrounds who:
• Can self-manage; when given a goal, can focus and create
• Cares about our clients and patients, not just the code
• Willing to keep learning new tools and languages
• Cares about doing good work; likes to improve practices
• Able communicator; willing to help teammates make informed choices
• Able to work constructively in a group
If you’re a hard-working, curious, thoughtful person who wants to create great software products, consider working with us!
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
We’re committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Our diversity initiatives support the on going development of a work environment built on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and enforces:
• Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
• Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee
• Work/life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs
• Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
All employees here have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times. All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other company-sponsored and participative events. All employees are also required to attend and complete annual diversity awareness training to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.