Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is a leader in the Automated Digital Marketing space, building the next generation platform, using the newest technology and practices to build a microservice based enterprise application in a distributed cloud based architecture. Passionate about cutting-edge technology? Enjoy the fast pace of an Agile environment? They’re looking for the best and the brightest to join their team of world class Engineers. Sound like a fit for you? Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
What we seek – what you will get to do:
We’re looking for the engineers with strong backgrounds in service oriented architectures, who understand the elegance of simplicity and who thrive working in a collaborative agile environment.
A Candidate Must:
• Understand working in a SOA architecture leveraging RESTful APIs
• Have a solid understanding of data, and experience working in a variety of databases (Dynamo, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• More than five years of experience working with Java in SOA.
• Have worked with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc)
• Understanding of how to work with message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, etc)
• Experience using build tools (Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc)
• Have a strong understanding on how to ensure performance, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and application integration with external systems.
• The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Have good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
• Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
The Perfect Candidate Would:
• Have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• Have experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
• Experience working in a TDD (Test Driven Development) environment
• The ability and willingness to mentor less experienced developers.
• Have the ability to translate requirements from other technical staff into a comprehensive design.
• Have some full stack experience, specifically in ReactJS
• Have the ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of the Technology and Product organization.
• Market Automation experience is a plus
Experience and Education:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies we use:
Java 8, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Vault, Terraform,