Location: Beaverton, OR
Our client is one of the local leaders in the Software Consulting business. Your experience as a Front End Engineer will be directly helping a major local company achieve and complete their software initiatives. If working in a consultative/agency organization helping to complete projects and creating custom software solutions excites you, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Tech Lead play a hands-on role in the software development cycle. Tech Leads own leadership on delivery of client solutions; work directly with client technical teams to ensure projects exceed client expectations; and work hands on, writing code to meet technical requirements.
· Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design documentation.
· Work collaboratively with QA Engineers through participation in the testing process.
· Provide clearly written documentation when required.
· Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources.
· Collaborate with Project Managers and engineers to provision estimates and develop overall implementation solution plan.
· Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within solution area.
· Mentor and coach technical resources
· Stay technically current in software technology through conferences, classes and self-study.
· Java programming expertise
· Java expertise working with Web Application Servers
· AWS or Cloud
· Experience working with Hibernate or other object/relational persistence and query services - ORM
· Experience with Web-Service (REST) frameworks
· Experience with Spring
· Strong understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentation experience
· Ability to understand challenges or concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses
· Ability to provide engineering task work effort estimates.
· Proven ability to analyze performance issues using java profiling tools
· Proven ability to work in a Test Driven Development manner
· Proven experience working in conjunction with Project Managers, Account Mangers, Business
· Systems Analysts and key business resources to achieve successful outcomes.
· Excellent communication skills
Those that tend to do well here
· Work well in team-oriented environments and enjoy collaboration
· Provide technical and cultural “lift” to the team
· Are good at “figuring stuff out” when everything is not well explained or known
· Good with ambiguity
· Understand who to ask and what to ask
· Self starters who take the initiative
· Able to work independently with minimal guidance