Location: Portland, OR
We are building new and innovative consumer-centric healthcare products which aid people in making smarter healthcare decisions for themselves and those they care for. And to that end, we are looking for a Functional-focused software engineer in a fast-paced, collaborative, and cutting edge technical environment that is engineer friendly for sure. If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you so please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
How we work:
We care about people and we succeed together. We are driven to be our best and are looking ahead to the technologies and challenges which are coming next. Team members write code and automated tests (TDD, BDD), review pull requests, diagnose errors through multiple environments, and seek incremental improvement each workday. Teams assess requirements and plan solutions together. Teams also participate in regular reflection exercises and experiment with technology and process improvements together.
Responsibilities & Requirements
We are looking for people who:
• Have a strong understanding of Functional programming
• Have 2 or more years of experience with Clojure programming language (experience with Elixir, Scala, Erlang in lieu of Clojure is fine by us)
• Collaborate openly while solving technical problems
• Establish clarity from uncertainty and can break down complex, open-ended problems
• Communicate clearly with technical colleagues, product managers, and other stakeholders
• Write code supported by automated tests, and incrementally improve code bases
• Demonstrate a pattern of growth in capability and responsibility over time
• Experience with cloud technology is a plus.
You can expect to:
• Utilize a variety of cloud-native and modern technologies to securely move, manipulate, and store data (ECS, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, Cognito, Parameter Store...)
• Design services to run in container-based and serverless deployment environments
• Continuously deploy to AWS, thanks to our continuous deployment pipeline
• Use functional programming style and languages to solve challenging problems
• Apply modern agile principles to continuously deliver value