Location: Salem, OR (Remote – up to 4 days a week)
Our client is one of the local leaders in the community financial services industry. Your experience as a Software Engineer will be directly helping local individuals and businesses achieve their financial goals. If working on a small software development team, making the customer experience better, excites you, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Work with our team and vendor staff through all phases of agile development. Produce high quality, user-friendly software in alignment with our strategic objectives.
- Responsible for the planning, design, testing, implementation, and support of new software development and integrations – using agile methodology.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Perform maintenance and administration of development databases.
- Utilize and maintain existing change control systems.
- Conduct product research.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and co-workers.
- Report to direct manager on status of assigned development projects.
- Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures; report needed changes.
- Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships.
- Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
- Contribute to development objectives by accomplishing related results as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Sought
- Demonstrated knowledge of web, service layer, and desktop development technologies.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priority as necessary.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers, members, and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- BS/CS degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two to four years’ experience in planning, design, development, implementation and support of software systems.
- Mobile development (iOS and Android) experience preferred.
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- Must be bondable.