Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is a leader in the Automated Digital Marketing space, building the next generation platform, using the newest technology and practices to build a microservice based enterprise application in a distributed cloud based architecture. Passionate about cutting-edge technology? Enjoy the fast pace of an Agile environment? They’re looking for the best and the brightest to join their team of world class Engineers. Sound like a fit for you? Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
What we seek – what you will get to do
Our Engineering Operations team is hiring a Network Systems Engineer with a background in datacenter and cloud environments to help us with design, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of our production systems & network. Our team is responsible for technology areas including automation, networking, virtualization, container orchestration, system and database administration, and management of co-located, cloud and serverless infrastructure.
Are you experienced in networking technologies and enjoy learning and applying various emerging technologies? As a member of our team, you’ll participate in the selection, design, and implementation of the solutions that drive our products and have the opportunity to mentor and guide our technical teams.
A Candidate Should
• Have solid understand WAN/LAN and transport technologies.
• Working technical knowledge of network control and security protocols.
• Strong knowledge of IP communication and routing is required.
• The ability to implement, administer, and solve problems with network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• The ability to build accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Understand infrastructure design patterns (logging, monitoring, HA, DR, automation).
• Experience with F5 Networks and Cisco ASA.
• Solid understanding of interconnecting networks via VPN or other secure means.
• The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Have good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
• Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
The Perfect Candidate Would
• Be driven to automate wherever possible.
• Experience with Linux, VMware NSX or other SDN technologies.
• Have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
• Experience administering private and public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure).
• Have experience designing, deploying, and implementing core route/switch and/or data center networks in accordance with industry standard methodologies.
• Can define and implement security protocols for transmitted and stored data.
• Have the ability to translate requirements from other technical staff into a comprehensive design.
• The willingness to help troubleshoot and work on local area networks supporting office environments.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• The ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of Engineering, IT and outside the organization.
• Have 2+ years of administering applications running on Linux (CentOS/Red Hat a plus).
Experience and Education
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies and hardware we use
Cisco (ASA 55xx, Nexus 9xxxx, UCS 51xx, HyperFlex 2xx), F5 BIG-IP, Dell, AWS, VMware, CentOS, NetApp, NGINX, HAProxy, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Sensu, Splunk, Java/Tomcat, Vault, Pivotal Cloud Foundry