Location: Portland, OR
Are you a passionate engineer with a thirst to build quality software that impacts millions of people? We are the Digital Acceleration team here, and we share your enthusiasm! Our mobile apps and website are used daily by millions of customers. As a member of the DA team, you'll be deeply involved with creating novel features that make customer's lives easier by linking digital and physical shopping experiences. If this excites you, send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Are you a passionate engineer with a thirst to build quality software that impacts millions of people? We are the Digital Acceleration team here, and we share your enthusiasm! Our mobile apps and website are used daily by millions of customers. As a member of the DA team, you'll be deeply involved with creating novel features that make customer's lives easier by linking digital and physical shopping experiences.
Our team is energized and expanding rapidly- we are on the forefront of the battle for the future of retail. You'll be working shoulder-to-shoulder with a top-notch and diverse group of iOS, Android and services developers. The team is still small enough to with a true startup feel, but driven by a Fortune 1 company determined to lead the pack in eCommerce. Join us at our Portland, OR or Sunnyvale, CA offices.
• Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
• Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
• Ensures business needs are being met
• Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
• Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
• Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
• Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
• Supports business objectives
• Troubleshoots business and production issues
• Utilizes industry research to improve our technology environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or the equivalent related technical work experience.
• 3-5+ years of experience in managing a production environment.
• 1-2+ years of experience with cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure, …) as well as CI/CD or DevOps applications (Jenkins, GitLab, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
• Working with applications that support high traffic websites is a plus.
• Proven effectiveness in oral and written communication
• Ability to work in a team environment, accepting guidance.
• Analysis, design, and construction of web application environments.
• Managing and troubleshooting systems running on Linux server platforms.
• Continuous delivery tool sets
• Automating repetitive tasks
• Monitoring of production applications
• Automating server orchestration with tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible
• Working in a cloud environment like AWS, GCP or Azure.
• Working with containers and container management tools such as Docker and Kubernetes and Redshift.