Location: Portland, OR
Are you passionate about DevOps? Do you like designing, building and maintaining on-prem, private and public cloud environments using automation? Are you interested in improving lives of people with Type I and Type II diabetes? Then this one is for you. Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic Senior DevOps Engineer with Kubernetes and GCP to help design and maintain their cloud environments. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
In this role:
As our Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will develop high quality, maintainable infrastructure for our products and services, solving complex problems both individually and as part of a team. You will also serve as a leader by providing guidance and vision to the team and strive to continually improve your knowledge and skills.
- Design and implement Cloud-based infrastructure for new and existing medical devices.
- Architect solutions with a focus on security, stability, testability, scalability, simplicity and maintainability.
- Design and implement support and maintenance tools for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Lead and drive new releases into production for our partners and customers.
- Manage pre-production and production environments – ensuring environments are kept up to date.
- Employ technical writing skills to communicate with cross functional teams.
- Employ strong attention to detail.
- Act as a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills used to interact with technical cross functional team members.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes.
- Proficiency with IaaS, and GCP is a must-have.
- Proficiency with Docker and containerization.
- Strong knowledge and understanding virtualized environments.
- Scripting experience, ideally with Ruby.
- Operating knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Ability to articulate ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage workload with little day-to-day instruction.
- Poised under pressure, with attention to detail and high commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.