Location: Portland, OR
Are you passionate about DevOps? Do you like designing, building and maintaining on-prem, private and public cloud environments using automation? Are you interested in improving lives of people with Type I and Type II diabetes? If so, this position is for you! Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic staff devops engineer to help design and maintain their Cloud environments (read more), work with Kubernetes, and things of that nature. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
As our Staff DevOps Engineer, you will develop high quality, maintainable infrastructure for our products and services, solving complex problems both individually and as part of a team. You will also serve as a leader by providing guidance and vision to the team and strive to continually improve your knowledge and skills.
- Design and implement Cloud-based infrastructure for new and existing medical devices.
- Architect solutions with a focus on security, stability, testability, scalability, simplicity and maintainability.
- Design and implement support and maintenance tools for cloud-based infrastructure.
- Lead and drive new releases into production for our partners and customers.
- Manage pre-production and production environments – ensuring environments are kept up to date.
- Support 24x7 operations.
- Employ technical writing skills to communicate with cross functional teams.
- Employ strong attention to detail.
- Act as a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills used to interact with technical cross functional team members.
- Proficiency in Kubernetes, Meso, or Swarm (we use Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge and understanding virtualized environments.
- Proficiency with IaaS (AWS and GCP preferred).
- Ability to articulate ideas to a non-technical audience.
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage workload with little day-to-day instruction.
- Understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure, - and application management processes.
- Knowledge of Docker, managing microservice pools, service discovery.
- Knowledge of systems administrations and networking technologies.
- Operating knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Poised under pressure, with attention to detail and high commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Typically requires minimum of 7 years related experience.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Troubleshoot and assist with deployment-related issues and incident redeployment-related items.
- Deep expertise in modern infrastructure hosting environments, with emphasis in AWS and GCP.
- Experience with issue tracking systems - JIRA preferred.
- Experience with Dev Ops concepts.
- Experience with cloud hosted environments such as AWS and GCP.
- Experience with modern source control systems such as Git preferred.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems. Including configuration of IIS.
- Possess a DevOps mindset when approaching tasks with automation, reliability, and repeatability in mind.
- Familiarity with latest Build/Release technologies and systems.
- Awareness of software security protocols, such as ISO27001, NIST and familiarity with implementation of security best practices is highly preferred.
- Experience with medical technologies and HIPAA is big plus.
- Experience working in the medical device industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.