Location: Portland, OR or San Diego, CA
Are you passionate about Devops? Do you like designing, building and maintaining on-prem, private and public cloud environments using automation? Are you interested in improving lives of people with Type I and Type II diabetes? Then this one is for you. Our client is looking for an experienced, dynamic devops engineer to help design and maintain their cloud environments. If this sounds like the challenge you seek - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, creating and maintaining their cloud environments (both production and non-production environments)
- Improve system monitoring and alerting to improve incident time to resolution while decreasing false positives
- Improve systems logging and benchmarking in order to fine tune application infrastructure and gain better insight into system issues and performance
- Work to decrease hosting costs by using proactive and responsive auto-scaling algorithms and changes to technology solutions.
- Update systems to support new development and technology initiatives
- Incorporate new cloud technology improvements
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotation
- At least 7 years’ experience working on designing, creating and maintaining applications and their environments
- Comfortable working with cloud environments like AWS, VCloud Air, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Thorough understanding of different development methodologies like SDLC, Agile, etc.
- Good knowledge of scripting tools like Perl, Ruby, Python
- Ability to understand and write infrastructure code in one of Chef, DSC, Powershell, Ansible, Puppet
- Strong Unix/Linux Administration Scripting, and experience administering distributed sites with Linux and Windows based hosts
- Strong understanding of pipeline orchestration technologies like Jenkins and Atlassian Bamboo
- Familiarity with JIRA and other Atlassian suite of products
- Experience in monitoring tools like SolarWinds, PRTG, SumoLogic, Grafana, Telegraf and Influx DB
- Experience with RDBMS (SQL Server Preferred)
- Ability to think of infrastructure as code and the ability to create and maintain the infrastructure
- Passion and ability to script manual steps in a process that span multiple environments
- Ability to think out of the box to complex and unique internal and customer facing issues
- Ability to approach problems in a flexible and creative manner
- Strong self-starter with a passion to learn new technologies
- Working in a medical device industry with a FDA controlled environment
- Experience in Google cloud’s Pub/Sub, CloudSpanner and CloudSql offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Master’s Degree in Computer Science preferred