Location: Beaverton, OR
This client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your efforts as a DevOps Engineer will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees, and believes in a work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a small team with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. Also, they have a beautiful new office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer who can apply their skills and experienced to build and run a world class SaaS environment. Supporting escalations within incident/problem management, infrastructure tools, automating software deployments and improving the continuous integration process. Work closely with the client product engineering teams to ensure products are secure, highly available and scalable.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who possesses a solid development/deployment/operations services background; comfortable working with a skilled and rapidly changing technical environment. The ideal candidate possesses strong problem-solving skills and a breadth of industry good practices knowledge. Applying your experiences and scripting skills to automate scaling, management of server resources and to facilitate DevOps practices.
- Delivering production code at a regular cadence using Agile techniques, tools and methodologies
- Building automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS, Azure or similar cloud providers
- Automating the deployment of products and services and actively monitors to ensure uptime and effective performance of applications
- Managing entire deployment process
- Participate in the implementation of software projects.
- Designing, and developing reliable and maintainable applications
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
(One does not necessarily need to be experienced with all these below)
- Familiarity with continuous integration/delivery/deployment process
- Experience with builds and packaging in a Linux/Java/node.js/.NET environment strongly preferred (Maven, NPM, etc)
- AWS experience or other comparable cloud providers
- Some experience managing revision control systems (GitHub/BitBucket, Artifactory, Nexus)
- Infrastructure automation tooling utilizing tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation or other
- Experience with configuration management concepts and software such as Ansible
- Understanding in Linux/Unix fundamentals (kernel runtime configuration, namespaces, cgroups, networking - specifically as it relates to containerization)
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions such as AppDyanmics, New Relic, Prometheus and Splunk
- Scripting experience with at least one of the following: Python, Bash, perl, Ruby
- Some experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes -- or desire to learn
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
- Experience with agile and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration products
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills
- A passion for high quality results
- Team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Deep commitment to ongoing professional development and learning
- Ability to accurately estimate tasks and track personal work
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and industries.
Experience in the following technologies a plus:
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science or other equivalent engineering or science field plus at least 5 years Linux system administrator experience with an emphasis on configuration management and automation.