Location: Vancouver, WA
Working at the world's fourth largest retailer mixes the best of many worlds: cutting-edge technologies meets real business needs meets real customers who spend billions of dollars at our stores in North America. We were a startup once upon a time and much of our startup culture still exists: the agility of a small operation, the impact that comes with being a leader in our industry. Our product development teams use the latest open source technologies to build new products that facilitate 9-figure project sales. We invest proactively in our people. We sponsor developer events, including .Net Fringe, NodePDX and PADNUG, and our developers headline workshops to teach Portland-area web developers how we use cutting-edge technology to solve real world problems. The mission of the product team is to radically reimagine the shopping experience by leveraging the latest web technologies and data tools. If this is the kind of position that gets you excited - please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
Activities include: Query and performance tuning, ongoing maintenance, backup/ recovery, auditing, production support, migration, On-Call support and architecting adequate technical solutions and recommendations that best suits the business and BI team requirements and needs.
• Experience with creating and maintaining SQL servers in a cloud environment
• Knowledge of optimizing memory for servers.
• Knowledge of maintenance plans to automate backups and DBCC tasks.
• Schedule Windows updates around ETL schedules
• Knowledge of SQL Query performance tuning and indexing.
• Knowledge of SSIS Catalog deployment.
• Ability to maintain user rights and security.
• Experience writing MDX and SQL queries.
• Experience with OLAP servers.
• Experience setting up and monitoring server alerts.
• Preferred knowledge of Teradata
• Preferred knowledge of Big Query
• Database design experience.
• 8+ years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
• 8+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in a production environment is required.
• 8+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server business intelligence environments, including experience with Failover Cluster and database mirroring/ always on is required.
• Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
• Experience with Analysis Services MDX and Tabular a plus.
• Database migration/ upgrade experience is highly desired.
• Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
• Strong conceptual, communication, and technical skills
• Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions
• Ability to work independently and in groups
• Analytical thinking
• Critical thinking
• Strong problem solver
• Attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication
• Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms