Location: Lake Oswego, OR
This privately held organization has been a pioneer in the embedded medical device industry enhancing the quality of life for millions of individuals living with cardiovascular disorders. The company is dedicated to the design and construction of implantable medical devices for cardiac rhythm management. With more than 30 years of experience, their growing success is based on strong core values – innovation, excellence and reliability, thus enabling them to inspire confidence and trust in doctors and patients all over the world. If you desire to work for an organization where you can feel good about the mission and core values and help create something that literally gives life to others, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
We’re currently looking for a Data Center Administrator with a track record of designing, implementing, and administrating a complex data center for our U.S. headquarters.
Are you passionate about modern IT technologies and trends such as software defined data centers (SDDC), scale-out storage, network virtualization, behavior analysis based security, and empowering users? Are you excited about not only reliably delivering technology, but also deeply understanding technology and leveraging it for business value? Is your idea of a good day one filled with analyzing network packets, storage latency, and correlating to physical CPU contention to explain observed workload behavior to a business customer? Are you tired of being confined to a network or storage engineering silo? If this describes you, then come join a team that is driven by a vision to deliver the latest data center services technologies for our company!
This is a hands-on position! The successful candidate will have broad knowledge and expertise in modern data center technologies, including software defined data center concepts (SDDC), with respect to solution design, deployment, and hands-on support within a 24x7 mission critical environment with specialized research and development requirements. The candidate must be comfortable analyzing complex technical IT problems, communicating the business value of potential solutions, and able to apply project management techniques to ensure predictable deployment of solutions.
Operational Excellence and Scope
- Provide end-to-end coverage of regional infrastructure: Servers, OS, Storage, Network, Telephony, Security & Compliance, and Monitoring
- Design efficient and repeatable processes for installing / rebuilding existing infrastructure components in accordance with organizational standards and project requirements.
- Participate in systems and services monitoring, backups, and recovery operations. This includes verifying the integrity, availability, and recoverability of all hardware, and services, reviewing system and application logs, supporting and verifying data backup and recovery operations.
- Support setup and maintenance of KPIs and SLAs.
- Participate in after-hours support
- Support the Data Center Services Manager in financial activities such as forecasting, procurement, ongoing cost management
Strategy and Systems Architecture
- Drive the increase of data center service levels and customer experience!
- Work with architects, IT management, and external partners to contribute to a roadmap for the North America data centers
- Support long-term operational planning and lead individual project planning and execution considering resource and budget availability
- Provide business cases and proposals for new technology initiatives to stakeholders on multiple levels (technical, end users, executive management, financial decision makers)
- Support audits/assessments and propose projects for network and system level hardening.
- Identify processes and automation solutions for performing regular monitoring to identify possible security concerns.
- Support investigations with reporting, analysis, threat classification, basic forensics, regulatory/compliance assessment, and determination of business impact.
- Should have 8+ years of in-depth working knowledge of enterprise server, network, and storage technologies.
- Should be able to work independently, yet be a great team player in a flexible and fast paced business environment.
Required Technical Skills: (Certifications welcome)
- VMware SDDC technologies including vSphere, vCenter, and vSAN. NSX experience is a plus.
- Storage Area Network technologies including iSCSI and FibreChannel
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Windows and Linux Server Administration
- Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA
- Security (AntiVirus, Hardening Best Practices, Network and System Forensics)
- WAN Technologies (MPLS)
- Data Center Automation
- Data Center Infrastructure Operations (Power, Cabling, Cooling)
- HP and IBM Storage Management
- Backups/Archiving. Experience with BackupExec or NetBackup is a plus.
- Experience with Splunk for monitoring, visualizations, troubleshooting, and actionable event correlation is a plus.
- Desktop Virtualization
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Web Hosting
- Database Administration
- Experienced with team environment with both individual and shared goals.
- Experienced with change management processes including documentation and risk management. Manufacturing support experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), including presentation to customers, peers, and senior/executive management.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Compliance (FDA, HIPAA, ISO)
- ITIL (experience in ITIL-based environments and/or certification) is a plus
- German language skill is a plus
Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration (BA/BS), MBA preferred or relevant experience (8+ years)