Location: Beaverton, OR
This client is one of the Industry leaders in the Electronic Freight Posting business. Your efforts as the Lead DBA will be directly helping goods and products get transported all over the nation and beyond. This company truly values its employees, and believes in a work-life balance. Further, you would be working with a small team with a bunch of very sharp people who are empowered by management. Also, they have a beautiful new office specifically designed to be Agile/Scrum and collaboration-friendly. If this is the kind of position and company you’d be interested in - please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
We’re looking for someone to provide expertise across the DBA spectrum, such as performance, monitoring, automation, backup and recovery, based on knowledge of high availability, clustering, database storage, and partitioning.
This hands-on leader will report to the Manager of Data Engineering and be directly responsible for database operations, deployment, monitoring, issue resolution and uptime of our mission-critical applications. The company relies on this role to deliver on the high levels of system availability and performance that our customers need to run their businesses.
They will be responsible for collaborating with product delivery teams to plan the appropriate design and deployment of data resources and the successful transition into ongoing operations. They coordinate database tasks with project managers to provide resources analyses and timelines. Other duties include managing workload across the team, adhering to company policies and assessing new technologies.
Our platforms deal with an extraordinary amount of traffic, handling tens of millions of daily transactions. We have in big investment in the Oracle databases (OLTP & Data Warehouse), Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL databases and Hadoop. To support these, we operate a large infrastructure split between AWS, on-site and co-located data centers. We use best in class infrastructure, heavily leveraging VMware, Oracle Database Appliance (ODA), Linux, and NetApp.
· Responsible for day-to-day oversight of all database operations, both operational and project based. Work with the DevOps team to deliver the optimal investment in automation, monitoring and triage tools.
· Assignment of work within the DBA team.
· Mentoring and coaching DBA team members.
· Provide 24x7 on-call technical support (3rd level) for database engineering team. With minimal supervision, capable of taking an ambiguous, complex problem, finding a concrete solution, and providing follow through to resolve the problem
· Actively participate in the assessment and recommendation of new data management technologies.
· Establishes organization-wide relationships and serves as technical consultant to IT managers, peers, and business users.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Must have at least 8-10 years of experience in various types of DBA roles.
· Candidate will collaborate with key stakeholders in the design, estimation, recommendation, construction and documenting of enterprise architecture solutions and systems in complex environments.
· Candidate must have experience providing architecture guidance and recommendations to internal customers for various applications environments and systems, including application/technology blueprints, roadmaps, optimization, and migration strategies.
· Candidate must be expert in performing Oracle Database or Applications Upgrades to point releases or major releases. Cross Platform Hardware migration or to latest OS is highly desired. Candidate should be able to plan, document and execute upgrade or migration projects End-to-End.
· Candidate must have experience with database security, performance monitoring and tuning, storage and capacity planning.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
· Experience with large-scale, high availability database solutions, clustering, and off-site disaster recovery.
· Experience with NoSQL solutions, such as Mongo.
· Experience with cloud database deployment and management