Location: Portland, OR
Are you driven to make a difference in the world community? Do you yearn for the opportunity to apply your business and technical skills to improve the lives of others? Our non-profit client is looking to hire a Business Analyst and they need someone who is inquisitive, collaborative, and a dedicated, project-driven professional. If this is the kind of opportunity you seek, kindly read on, and please do send us your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
Our client provides medical and dental care, humanitarian aid, and holistic development programs to all people in need, regardless of religion, nationality, sex, or race. They respond to disasters around the world—and here at home—by sending teams of volunteer medical professionals and medical supplies to care for the sick and injured. They also mobilize long-term health promotion initiatives, collaborating with established partners within each community to ensure that our programs have a sustainable impact.
They see human suffering as a call – not just to open their hearts, but to move their feet. They are compelled by their Christian faith into action – a team, guided by compassion and magnified by expertise. They are committed to rise, mobilize, and make a difference.
The IT Business Systems Analyst position (BSA) is responsible for driving technology solutions that support the programs of our client. The BSA supports the Director of Technology & Information Systems (IT Director) by providing leadership in developing and implementing efficient, cost-effective solutions that address a diverse range of complex problems associated with business and technical processes and requirements. The BSA works closely with business and IT partners, vendors and potentially other organizations to execute new solutions and policies. This position consults with the different departments of our client regarding current and new technology capabilities relevant to functional areas of our client and to develop and improve business processes, support workflow and improve efficiencies.
The BSA provides expert-level leadership in the areas of business process modeling, technical requirement, software development, testing, integrated systems, and project management. This position works in coordination with business analysts, the IT Application Development team, and our client’s leadership to assure that the solutions designed and built meet business objectives and are technically sound. The position is also responsible for coordinating events and activities with business stakeholders and technical personnel to facilitate identification and documentation of business requirements, as well as for implementation of solutions. The BSA supports and coordinates the error and issue/risk identification and resolution process for the program; conducts code reviews and testing activities as required; and directs the approval process for tests results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives and evaluates all incoming project requests for information technology and acts as the primary customer interface for evaluation of those requests.
• Leads, provides input, writes, and reviews designs and deliverables for IT solutions
• Organizes, leads, and participates in work sessions and follow-up activities to support the gathering and documentation of solution requirements.
• Provides leadership in the prioritization of development projects
• Maintains a status report of all projects from the original request to delivery and assessment
• Documents system design specifications and workflows. Assists customers in defining needs/requirements. Performs complex analysis of data and monitors the ongoing performance of developed systems.
• Plans and coordinates reviews and approval of technical deliverables.
• Verifies that all requirements have been addressed in development.
• Serve as a liaison between IT Development, outside vendors, business staff, and other stakeholders and partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, Information Technology (IT), computer science or closely related field AND five years’ of experience in business systems analysis, system design, development, testing and implementation of IT projects or related experience. Note: Qualifying experience above the required years might substitute for years of education.
• Technical experience on complex server and Cloud based projects, including testing at all levels. Prior CRM experience would be great.
• Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences through both verbally and in writing.
• Experience gathering and managing business and technical requirements and system design within the Systems Design Life Cycle.
• Knowledge of project management best practices, principles, and skills.
• Knowledge of business process improvement best practices, principles, and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand every aspect of a technical solution.
• Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
• Master’s Degree.
• Previous applicable experience in non-governmental organization (NGO) or health care and/or human services management environment.
• International systems experience in third world countries.
• Project Management or Business Systems Analyst certification.