Location: Portland, OR
If you’re a Business Intelligence professional and want to work for an organization who works in the RenewableEnergy space, we would be very interested in talking with you. Further, our client truly believes in a work life balance, and an open minded approach to technology. If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you so please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract to Hire
General Position Summary
Under the general supervision of the Enterprise Applications Manager, the Business Systems Analyst analyzes, develops, implements, maintains and manages Business Intelligence applications, ETL processes and data. This position also develops and delivers reports and supports users of our data and systems.
The Business Systems Analyst serves as an integral part of the IT Department and, as such, may be called upon to perform other IT duties in addition to those detailed here.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
• Analyzes and documents how systems and databases are designed and how they currently function against business requirements.
• Works proactively with the users and IT staff to identify business requirements and to architect and implement solutions.
• Coordinates the activities of persons engaged in development projects.
• Manages projects using a standard project management methodology.
• Tests and deploys applications and changes.
• Designs, develops, tests, and deploys reports to meet user needs.
• Fulfills data requests from users.
• Maintains accurate documentation on applications, data structures, queries, and reports.
• Performs proactive application administration and maintenance tasks to keep assigned applications functioning efficiently and effectively.
• Responds to user issues and finds solutions to resolve issues.
• Trains users and documents usage guidelines and procedures.
• Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner
• Minimum (3) years of previous experience as a business systems analyst or similar role.
• Five years of IT experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from an accredited college or university; or equivalent education/experience in the information technology field- preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in systems, data and business analysis.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience writing T-SQL queries in fulfilling user data requests.
• Experience with Power BI & SSRS - SSIS development experience is great also.
• Experience developing a data architecture
• Ability to accommodate various data quality considerations
• Experience providing software-related customer support and training to a non-technical user base.
• Demonstrated ability to verbally, and in writing, communicate in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
• Experience managing small to medium size projects.
• Demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work off-hours and extended hours as needed to support IT processes and timelines.
• Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.