Location: Salem, OR
Our client is a local company that provides an entrepreneurial solution in the “Shared Economy” or rental space. Their technology helps make the buying, selling and consuming of products easier and they are highly respected in their industry. They’re seeking a Business Intelligence Manager to will manage a small team of analysts, and report directly to the CEO. If you seek a mission critical role where you will have a direct impact on the company’s success, we have the opportunity for you. Please send your resume to email@example.com. We value and encourage diversity in the workplace and women, minorities, and veterans are highly encouraged to apply. Thank you.
Job Type: FTE
The Business Intelligence Manager (BI Manager) is responsible for leading the company’s data-driven Business Intelligence (BI) team. The primary focus of the role is to manage the Analysis, Inventory, Pricing, and Purchasing groups. This position will report directly to the CEO and will helm the most critical core engine of the business. Additionally, by partnering with other organizational leaders, the BI Manager will provide data solutions that are strategically aligned with the company’s business initiatives. The right candidate will have a data-driven mindset, excellent business acumen, and the ability to use industry data-drivers to formulate successful business roadmaps aimed at driving revenue, growth, and profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Oversight of the analysis, forecasting, purchasing, and sell-through of multi-million-dollar inventory levels during the business’s buying/selling cycles.
· Responsible for developing, monitoring, and communicating the success of mission-critical KPI’s to company stakeholders.
· Serves as a critical member of the Senior Management Team and functions as a cross-departmental business partner to drive short/long-term objectives in alignment with the company’s strategy.
· Responsible for the management of BI’s employees: day-to-day operations, project management, resource allocation, resolving personnel issues, recruiting new talent, managing performance, coaching/mentoring, and succession planning.
· Providing company-wide reporting solutions to ensure stakeholders within the company are receiving adequate, timely data to support their business objectives.
· Audit existing processes and procedures to ensure BI best practices are being upheld and make recommendations to the management team for updates and improvements.
· Collaborate with business analysts and project managers on major initiatives, providing recommendations on analytics and reporting that capitalize on the strengths and capabilities of the team.
· Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques, and approaches across the BI development life cycle phases to design an integrated, quality solution that meets business requirements.
· Keep pace with industry trends and capabilities. Develop strategies to leverage emerging technologies.
Minimum Job Requirements
· BA/BS Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Business, or related. MBA preferred.
· At least 5 years of management experience, preferably of analyst/technical-level employees.
· Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience working within eCommerce or retail, specifically experience overseeing large inventory levels.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required.
· Experience leveraging modern data systems to deliver timely information to drive business success.
· Experience in designing and delivering custom reporting solutions by managing cross-functional technical teams.
· Experience managing technical staff performance, including setting cascading MBO’s, performance management, training/development, and long-term succession planning.
· Strong leadership skills and a successful track record of driving projects to completion.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
· Proven experience as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementations.
· Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution.
· Strong ability to interact, communicate, present, and influence within multiple levels of the organization.
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles.
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, and prioritize workload.
· Passionate about fostering a positive work environment and dedicated to becoming a champion of our awesome organizational culture.
· Experience working on cloud based platforms.
· Data warehouse experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities - Preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
· Experience in SQL performance monitoring and optimization.
· Experience with cloud-based Business Intelligence reporting.
· Experience using python