Location: Portland, OR
This opportunity is with an organization that operates Care Centers for Children plus offers other Children focused educational programs and curriculum. This is a “greenfield” opportunity in that you will be joining a brand new team helping to shape the operational processes that will enable technology to deliver new and targeted software products. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: Contract
Seeking a hands-on Senior Business Intelligence Developer (MSBI Stack), who thrives in a collaborative work environment. This role involves working across the entire BI lifecycle, from source data analysis, Extract Transform Load (ETL) development, through to Analysis and Reporting Services implementation, specifically with Microsoft SSAS & SSRS. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, thorough in their work, and willing to share best practices with a growing team.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Business Intelligence Developer is the analysis, design, programming, testing, integration and production support of the Business Intelligence Next Generation (BING) platform. The next phase of this project in 2018 will focus primarily on the build-out of the BING Analysis Services Tabular Model and Reporting Services for field reports.
1. Participate in the entire lifecycle for Business Intelligence solution delivery
2. Provide Business Intelligence solutions including analytics, dashboards and reports to support us in making informed decisions that increase the bottom line through improved quality and services.
3. Design, develop and deploy SQL Server Analysis Services Tabular Models (SSAS).
4. Design, develop and deploy SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports, utilizing DAX to create reports from Tabular Model.
5. Design, develop and deploy ETL processes using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
6. Analyze and verify technical requirements for completeness, consistency, feasibility, and testability.
7. Apply software engineering concepts and best practices to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and flexibility.
8. Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to project managers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
9. Champion code quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
· Position requires a high degree of adaptability. Candidate will be faced with a variety of issues on a day to day basis and will be expected to respond to these issues appropriately while dealing with multiple priorities and task assignments.
· Work to be performed in a normal office environment during regular business hours. Extended work hours when necessary to support global development or to meet deadlines.
Experience and Education:
· BS or BA in computer science, business, or equivalent is required
· 5+ years’ experience delivering Business Intelligence solutions using the MSBI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Candidates must have analytical and problem-solving skills in addition to a good grasp of both the technical and business factors of Business Intelligence Solutions Delivery.
· Strong understanding of Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts, methods and tools.
· Proven experience designing, developing and deploying Enterprise Business Intelligence solutions to Production.
· High Proficiency in Microsoft Business Intelligence toolset, including:
o SSAS (Tabular Model, DAX / MDX a must)
o Power BI
· Write high quality code that is robust, per-formant, and easy to maintain
Leadership & Attitude:
Candidates should possess an attitude of lifetime learning to stay abreast of the latest technologies and practices.
Candidates should posses a strong sense of:
· Pride, ownership and teamwork
· Initiative, looking to proactively provide solutions, with the ability to think logically and independently
Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able communicate with confidence in any situation.