Location: Portland, OR
Our partner is looking for a Sr Software Engineer with Big Data experience. They are one of the leaders in the SaaS based Automated Digital Marketing space, providing services to mid-size marketing departments. As a part of this team you will be driving the on-going development and expansion of their enterprise to a global community of marketers by deploying best of breed content management, media delivery, reporting and analytics. Working with this group you will help yourself stand out while enabling your customers to stand out. If this sounds like the challenge you seek, then please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
Job Type: FTE
The successful candidate will be/have:
• MS degree and 5+ years of relevant experience/ B.S with 8+ years of experience in C.S/Math.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile/Scrum environment promoting and leading strong engineering best practices.
• Impressive oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with other talented engineers.
• Knowledge and experience in Machine Learning and Data Mining technologies to build and train predictive analytic applications.
• Background in Statistical and Quantitative Analysis
• Knowledge in Data Visualization and Business Intelligence systems and practices
• Experienced in distributed systems technologies e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, Spark
• Understanding of database design and scaling techniques applicable in cloud environments for both SQL and NOSQL database technologies: e.g. MySql, MongoDB, CassandraIn addition, the candidate will be/have one or more of the following:
In addition, the candidate will be/have one or more of the following:
• Involved with micro-services and developing APIs
• Expert in SOA integrating and developing RESTful Web Services, SOAP, JSON, OAuth, Single Sign-On, and other Web Security concepts.
• Extensive Java and J2EE-based server experience
• Knowledge of NodeJS services: Express, PM2, Consul
• Knowledge of multiple cloud automation and virtualization technologies e.g. AWS, Azure
• Experience with container and orchestration suites: e.g. OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker